Monday, January 24, 2011

Life is Nuts...

My life is crazy. Seriously, I need to clone myself like three times to be able to keep up with all the stuff I'm supposed to do!! Of course, that won't happen, so some things are falling through the cracks. Like the bathrooms, and the kitchen floors, and my bedroom dustbunnies that are about to come alive and smother me while I sleep... but I'm mostly ok with that. Mostly, because I'm not a neat freak, I'm mostly a little sloppy anyway, but it's starting to get to me. Mostly, because my kids seem happy even if the kitchen's a mess and there's enough cobwebs on the walls to play 3on3 in the living room. Mostly. But it would be SO nice to have the time to clean. Instead, I work a full time office job and take care of my boys and myself the best I can. Did I mention that I wish I could quit my day job??? Oh yeah, big time. But I can't. So I'll deal with dirty floors and dust bunnies the size of my minivan.... ugh.

So I was at said office job today and I remembered that I thought I had a haircut appointment coming up, and when was that again??? So I checked the calendar in my phone and guess what... it's tonight! After work!!! And I didn't plan ahead and bring a change of clothes or my checkbook!!!! Ugh! I'm so overwhelmed half the time I can't remember what I have to do in two hours, for crying out loud. Anyway, I swung home, checked in on the boys, changed into my jeans, grabbed my checkbook and headed back out to the haircut appointment. Ah, the life of a woman never stops, huh? Good news, love the haircut!!! It's all about the end result after all!!!

Oh, and all the blue highlights we did in my son's hair yesterday??? We both forgot he had swimming for gym this week... they're pretty much washed out already!!! Oh well, it's not a big deal... we'll just do it again soon! Gotta love boys, well... I do!

No comments: