Sunday, January 30, 2011

Awesome Weekend!!!

Yes, I had an awesome weekend!!! I went to college with some of the greatest people I know and joined a professional music fraternity called Sigma Alpha Iota (SAI). We are sisters through and through and have been there for each other through some awesome times and some sad ones too. One year ago, we lost one of our dear sisters to breast cancer. Her name was Laura and we all miss her dearly. One of the saddest things about her passing was that many of us didn't even realize she was sick until it was too late. We had lost touch, as many busy moms would understand. Laura understood. She too was a busy mom, wife, teacher, friend... life just runs away from you sometimes. Well, after her funeral those of us who had gathered to pay tribute to her decided that we could not let that happen. The losing touch thing. So many of us hadn't seen each other in over 10 or 15 years!!! That's too long for sisters and friends who care about each other. So we made a plan to get together more often. January and July at least. We can do this!!! July was a great family picnic where many of us brought our spouses and kids and even some other awesome WMU friends were there.. it was great!!!

So, fast forward to this past weekend. Since it's officially the anniversary of Laura's passing, we as sisters got together to just be sisters. It was great. We met at a lake house owned by a sister's parents (awesome!) and just sat around and visited, ate, drank wine, and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company!!! So wonderful to get hugs and talk and catch up! Then in the evening our lovely and talented hostess had planned for those of us who could to go out for an evening of Drag Queen Bingo!!! Yes, Bingo, hosted by a funny fabulous drag queen named September Murphy!!!! Hilarious!!! Now, if you know me, you know I very rarely win at anything. I'm just not lucky that way. So imagine my surprise when, at the end of like three rounds of bingo I actually won!!!! So fun!!! I received my prizes, a Glee calendar and a $25 gift card for the store that hosted the bingo (which of course is a 2 1/2 drive from my house). Since I wasn't likely to get back there any time soon, I went ahead and used my card right then on a cute glass pitcher/mug type thing that has great big hot pink polka dots on it!!! So me!!!! I'll have to see if I can post a pic. I haven't done this in a while!!!





Anyway, it was amazing to see my sisters, to spend a day without my kiddos and just being a girl! I can't wait to see them again, and plan to make plans to do that this summer (if not before)!!!! Now I need a fun twisty straw so I can drink something awesome out of my sweet new "mug"!!!!

No comments: