Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fantastic Thursday!!!

I have Thursday's off from work. This is a good thing. Usually I have a million things to do anyway, so it's not like I'm not busy working, I just don't have to go to the office and do that particular job! Today was different. I only had one appointment and that was for my guitar lesson which is something I do for myself and I love and enjoy (when I'm playing good, which I didn't today, but that's ok too.)

So this morning I hit the gym with my new gym partner who is a friend of mine from work. She's been going to the Snap Fitness near her for over a year, so when I joined the one that just opened nearby we decided that we should try to meet there and workout together. It's been a week and we've met there four times and we both agree that it is more fun and we push each other harder when we go together, so we're going to try and make it a habit! This morning's workout consisted of a 5 minute warm up jog on the treadmill, stretches and abs for about 15 minutes (ouch!), then running a 12 minute mile, all the weight machines I can manage (which is almost all of them , but who's counting!), then 30 minutes on the Arc trainer. That is a machine that is very similar to an elliptical but it's very intense and burns tons of calories. I've been doing a program on it for weight loss at level 5 which pushes the resistance and incline up on it and burns really bad, but also really good, if you know what I mean!!!

After that and a good shower, I paid a bill I almost forgot about, and then went to lunch. I love going to Panera when I have time to linger over my Greek salad and iced tea and read a book. Then I went to my guitar lesson and hit the store to pick up some salad and a pair of workout pants (I told you I'm random!!!). Anyway, that's been my day, and it's been heavenly! Plus, my hubby will be home later and I'm actually going to COOK dinner! I know, don't go into shock, I so rarely cook!!! But it's going to happen, since I have nothing else going on and we're a little tight this week... cooking it is!

So I said last time that I finished the Harry Potter series and I have to admit, it was better than I thought it would be! Like, I really liked it! I know, that actually surprises me, which I suppose it shouldn't since it's been recommended to me like a bazillion times, but I was surprised to like it so much! There were a few spots that I thought were boring, especially during The Order of the Phoenix, but they were important to the storyline, so all in all, I was very glad I finally read it! So now I'm on to another book, and the next one I picked up was The Friday Night Knitting Club. Of course, you know I'm a knitter, so of course I'm interested in anything that has to do with knitting. But it's also about women and that's also a topic of interest to me. Anyway, I'm a reader. I love getting involved in a story and getting lost in someone else's pain or happiness. Just makes me happy. I'd love to be a writer, and maybe someday that would happen, but for now, I'm a reader. So that also makes it a fantastic Thursday!!!

I'm catching up on some tv tonight. I've got some stuff on DVR and also on Hulu and of course Grey's is on tonight... happy tv night for me!!! I think I'm going to get dinner started soon, so I'm going to sign off. Hope everyone else is having a fantastic Thursday!!! I sure am!!!

No comments: