Friday, January 21, 2011

Happy Friday!!!

Yeah!! I made it through a pretty stressful week at work and still have most of my hair!!! Seriously, it's getting more normal, but the new computer system still stinks and I think it always will. Such is life! But I have a job, a job I enjoy, and I'm thankful. Hopefully as time goes on we'll forget about this whole fiasco and just go on with our new normal. Meanwhile I'll just be happy when the end of another week comes and I actually get to sleep in tomorrow! Yahoo!

Since it had been stressful at work I felt the need to work off some of the tension and decided to do that at the gym. I know, who is this new person in this chubby girl's body??? Well, I'm starting to realize how good it feels to exercise and if I'm going to run some races this year I really need to just keep moving! So I ran. I only ran about half an hour, and only a little under two miles, and I walked a bit too and stretched of course, but I ran. That is the new me! I'm liking this determined woman I'm becoming. She's pretty awesome and she's gonna kick some major butt this year!

Speaking of running, I think my first 10k will be at our local Tulip Time festival this May. The 7th of May to be exact. I have done lots of research online about training for this race and have come up with what I believe is a good training plan that will work really well for me and my schedule. Last night before I shut off my computer I picked up my calendar (I use the one in my phone since I always have it on me) and worked my way backwards entering the training runs I'll need to do. If I start just as it's planned out, my first official training run will be on March 15th, which is 1.5 miles. Until then I am going to continue with my workouts like I have been and add some running in until running 2 miles seems "easy". It's never easy, and I don't really enjoy it, but I'm so determined to do this now it's like a switch has been turned to "runner" and it's going full blast! I don't want to stop!!! And for the first time with one of my obsessions... this is actually a good thing! I can do this, and when I do it will be a good thing for my health, a good thing for my body and a good thing for my soul. After this, I'll decide for sure if I'm up for a 1/2 marathon. No decisions until the 10k is done!

I don't really see any changes in my body yet, but this week I've had several people notice that I'm trimmer... and I'm so happy!!! I know the scale hasn't shown it yet, and that's ok, I think it will come if I keep at it. Who knows, maybe by this summer I'll actually WANT to go bathing suit shopping... probably not, but I'll probably need to!!!!

No comments: