Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Holy Long Day.. Batman!!!

Yes, I make up stupid sayings all the time, and most of them will end up as the titles of these little postings at one time or another.. tee hee hee! So, happy 1/11/11!!! Very cool date, and also the date of my cousin's son's birthday.. he's 5 today and the coolest little dude around! No, I've actually never met him, we don't live in the same time zone, but he's cool.. trust me! Anyway, it's a cool date.. but for me, it was a long and very tough day. The dreaded "go live" date of the new computer system at work.

In one word... it was "awful"!!!! Nothing seemed to go right. There were "glitches" and "hardware problems" and "network problems"... and we were all stressed to the freaking max most of the day!!! Until late this afternoon when we realized that some of the limitations are just the software.. and there's nothing we can do about them. Yes, there are still some bugs to work out with the network and the glitches and such, but some of what we were hoping for just doesn't happen with this software. That's just all there is. We are going backwards is how it feels to us, but we will manage. We will get by. And we will continue to do our best to give our patients the very best service we can. We will survive!!!!

So, I'm hopeful that this week is going to get better. And I'm going to do all I can to make that happen! Tonight was a crazy night. I didn't have a lot of time to workout at the gym, but I did make it up and get my strength training done. Came back to make sure the kiddo's got the homework done and stuff. I'm going to bed very soon here because I'm flat out exhausted!!! Best part about this week... on Thursday, my day off which I'm actually NOT working, I'm getting a MASSAGE!!!! I'll be in heaven mode for at least a 1/2 hour, which isn't much, but it makes me feel so good for days afterward. After the month I've had... it's going to be amazing.... And I'm worth it!

No comments: