Monday, September 1, 2008

Could it be???

Do dreams really come true??? That's the question I've been asking myself for more than a year. I've been a singer and musician all my life, mostly for fun, but I earned a bachelor's degree in vocal music a while ago. I then spent several years starting a family which was the path I chose at the time. I've never regretted that. Seriously, I love being a wife and mother.

So beginning of 2007 I finally decided that it was time to see if I could make a career, even part time, of music. I started scouring the internet for musicians and bands that might be looking for a singer, something that felt like a good fit. I went on several "auditions" and meetings and all sorts of things. Nothing fit. Not a one felt right, although a couple came close. So I prayed about it. I realized that it wasn't me, it was the band idea. I am not a girl who hangs out in bars. Not that I mind going out occassionally, but I'm not a big partier. I got that out of the way early in my life. Now don't get me wrong, I like a drink now and then, but I don't see myself hanging out in a bar three weekends a month for the next 20 years. I just don't.

So I gave my search over to God. If He wants me to be in a band, then it will happen. If not, I'll content myself to play at church like I have been and take it from there. I love playing and singing in church, so it's wonderful. A few weeks ago I noticed someone looking for a singer/player for a possible Christian band. Turned out I must not have been what they were looking for, that fizzled. So last week I emailed another prospect. I figured it wasn't for me again, until today. Today I get an email that he says was the third one (I never got the first two) so I quickly emailed him back as I was on my way out of the house for a few hours. I told him I'd call him tomorrow since he left his number. So that's it. I'll call him tomorrow and I'm SO excited! Maybe this is God's way of telling me that I SHOULD do more with my music. I'll pray about it some more, but I'm definitely calling this guy tomorrow. Is that crazy??? Maybe, but I'm not sure it matters.

So tonight I can barely contain myself. Tomorrow is the kids' first day of school (yeah!) and I have a chiro appointment for my back (which is improving) and now I have this awesome phone call to make. Please let this be it!!!! I just want to play and sing and make awesome music and if that pleases God then it's what I should be doing and I'm so excited!!!!! I'll let you all know when I know something... ok!!!!

In the meantime, I finished the first pink lemonade sock, off to work on the mate so I can wear them!!!! The first one is cute and it fits... bonus!!!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I surely will be thinking of you! Keep us posted! :o)

Coggie said...

So...any news?? Thinking positive for you.

NikkiB said...

Nothing yet, but I have a meeting/audition tomorrow evening, so I'll know more then!!!!