Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Labor Day???

Is that even an appopriate thing to say? I guess it is if you work for a living like most of the people I know and actually get a day off since it's a holiday and all!!! So, Happy Labor Day! I truly hope everyone is enjoying a break with family/friends/whatever... enjoy!

I enjoyed my Sunday even with a still aching back. It's really mostly my tailbone at this point, I'd say the pain part is turning a corner to totally manageable at this point. Hooray! Hard to sit in a hard chair or any chair for a long time for that matter, but I need to move more anyway, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

So after church today (which I played at and the band rocked for God today no less!!!) we went to hubby's brother's house for a dinner with the fam. It was lovely! Grilled chicken and ribs, plethora of salads, fruit, dessert, you get the idea. The kids all played nice (for the most part) together and then G&G took them home (that's short for Grandma and Grandpa, the coolest people in the world!) and even took their newest step-cousin too!!! Super duper!!! Then we sat around with hubby's brother, his wife, my sister and her hubby and chatted which was really nice. Then hubby and I went to see a movie which we never get a chance to do and WOW was I glad I saw that!!!

We saw "The Dark Knight" which I've been wanting to see since before Heath Ledger died, mainly because I love me some Heath, but also since the reviews were so good. Now I didn't rush right out when it came out for several reasons. First, I hadn't seen the first movie for the background story. Second, I never had the time!!! Third, doesn't matter because the first two were good enough! So hubby borrowed a DVD of the first movie from a friend and I watched that this week while I was laid up anyway. Good movie!!! But in the theater, "Dark Knight" did not disappoint. I'm sure 2/3rd's of the universe has already seen it, and I'm happy for you. But now I'm equally happy for me. Not only was the movie great but I'm glad to have seen the last performance by that brilliant man. God bless you Heath, may you rest in peace....

So now we're home and I'm checking all the stuff on the blessed internet that I haven't checked all day because I was kinda busy but in a good way and hubby's having a snack and I'm about to crawl in bed with a good book cuz that's what I love to do. Hopefully when we pick up the kids tomorrow they'll still behave for us so we can get all this laundry done before school starts on Tuesday!!! It's hard to do laundry when you can't bend over. I need help! On that note, I'm off. But not before I share a pic of my elder son in total shock and horror.... taken by his father.... oh he'd not like this at all if he ever saw it....

Tom... Surprise!!!

Couldn't help myself!!!!

No comments: