Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oy! My aching back!!!

Well, on this past Saturday I helped a dear friend of mine with a garage sale at her late mother's house. I grew up across the street from this neat lady and my friend and I spent so much time together as kids that I knew their house as well as mine, you know that kind of friend? So when she asked for my help I jumped at the chance. What are friends for!!! I got there REALLY early Saturday morning (and I'm not a morning person) and we began to take stuff that she had ready from the previous day's sale and pull it out onto the driveway so it was more visible and easier to walk through. Standard stuff, right? Well, she warned me that there were some heavy boxes and I'm all like "no biggie" and bent over to pick up a tote full of picture frames and wrenched my back. I knew immediately that it wasn't good, but I grinned and moved on. Throughout the day I was getting tighter and tighter and of course I wouldn't say anything because she would feel so bad and I didn't want that!!! So that night and the next day I spent basically sitting around taking pain meds and dealing with it.

So today, Tuesday, it was getting really bad. I had spent the morning with elder son running errands and after about 45 minutes running around Meijer (our fourth errand so far) I was spent. Seriously, bad pain. So I called the chiro from the car and she said to head right over. Eight minutes later I'm hobbling into the waiting area and after just a few minutes they strapped me to the traction table and began to manipulate my spine!!! Ouch!!! But, after probably 20 minutes (longest visit yet) of traction, adjustments, actuator applications and biofreeze, she sent me home with a follow-up appt on Thursday and told me no bending, no sitting in a chair and ice it as often as I need to for the next day or two. Well, I'm just happy that I don't have to work the next two days because it would be hard to do that without sitting or bending!!!!

I'm telling ya'll this because I didn't knit a stitch today and the reason is because it's really hard to knit while lying on the couch!!! I'm dying to pick up my socks and work on them but I CAN'T!!! It's killing me, almost as much as it's killing my back just to sit in the computer chair and type this. Point number 8billion why I want a laptop!!!! I think I could have propped up enough for a laptop at least for a little while today, but alas, there's nary a laptop to be found near my house!!!! UGH!!!

So tonight after watching tv all day and reading on and off between naps, I'm full of energy and needed to be upright for a few minutes. I'm not going to be long, cuz it's hurting again... so I'm off to ice down the back muscles once again... after a short potty break??? If you're as old as you feel, then today I'm 110 at least!!!!!

No comments: