Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hellooooo out there!!!

Well, I've done it. I've finally entered the blogosphere!! Several ladies I know from Ravelry have been trying to get me to blog, so here I go! Let's just see if I can keep up with them.

I'm going to try and put stuff here about myself, my life, my hobbies, whatever I feel like. If you like it, let me know! If you don't, then let me go (as the old country song used to say) no, but seriously, you can tell me that too. Or you can just pass me by and I won't feel bad. Honestly. Seriously!!!

So. Here's a little about me in case you stumble along this first blog and wonder what crazy lady is making this stuff up. I'm married for 14 years and have two sons. Elder son is 12 and entering seventh grade this year. Younger son is 9 and going into fourth grade. They keep us busy, but they are really cool kids (at least I think so). I work full time at an optometry office which I like. Hubby works third shift so most nights I'm home with the kids and once they're in bed I'm kinda bored. Thus, the birth of the blog!!!!

Ok, so my hobbies are sort of a short list. First, I knit. Second, is music. I'm a trained singer but I don't use my degree (much to Mom's chagrin!) except for singing/playing at church and such. My rock star career just hasn't taken off like I'd hoped, but then no one goes looking for the next great singer at the eye doctor, right??? So much for that theory! The rest of my hobbies pretty much revolve around the family, like watching sports (love football and hockey) and camping and whatnot. The first two hobbies are for me, the rest are a combo for the four of us. Most of my friends are people I met in college and sadly they don't live nearby, in fact they are pretty spread out around the world. As are my family. Other than immediate family (parents/brother/sister types) they are all over the place! So the internet is my friend, and now I'm going to be even more acquainted!!

So I think I'll give this a try for my first post and try a little more tomorrow. I'm not going to promise a daily post or anything, but once I get started I'll get a feel for this and we'll see where it ends up!

Have a great night and I'm off to bed now....

1 comment:

Amy said...

Howdy sis! Welcome to blog land!