Monday, August 25, 2008

What a day!

It was such a nice day off today! All I really accomplished was knitting and spending time with my boys and my knitting friends, but that was enough for me!!! I watched movies with the kids, elder son was having a bad allergy/asthma day (well, couple of days) and the two kids and I stayed inside most of the day and enjoyed it. Then tonight was our knit night! We meet up at a local Brew Pub (yummy!!!) and sit outside on the patio when we can, which we did tonight, and eat/drink/knit and share!! It was wonderful as usual and I showed off a couple of new FO's!!! (that means finished objects for those of you who may not knit because I didn't know that six months ago, seriously!)

Anyway, I've been knitting baby gifts for my co-worker friend who's having a baby girl in October and I'm so happy for her!!! So I've come up with this hat...

Elfin hat

and since I had PLENTY of yarn left over, I made these booties (sorry for the picture quality....)

Baby MJ Booties_01

And I just know they are going to a great home!!! Now if that baby would just get here to model I'd be REALLY happy!! LOL.

So I know last post I said I was off for a few days this week and I'm so glad. I'm considering taking the boys to the beach tomorrow if I can get the weather and the kids to cooperate. If I can't, I'll go alone!!! Seriously, I live 15 minutes from the most beautiful beach on Lake Michigan (IMO) and I haven't been there but once this summer. Such a waste!!!! Of course, if my back doesn't cooperate... we'll see.

Ok, so here's what else I was working on for myself today....

Pink lemonade socks_00

I'm calling them my Pink Lemonade socks. Done in a free pattern called Lilypad socks that I found on Rav. It's my first time cabling and it's going really well! Sis loaned me a better cable needle than I had in my own stash (gotta get me one of these!!!) and that's really helping. But all in all, I'm pretty happy so far. My plan is to make me a pair of socks that look like summertime to make me happy this winter when all I can think about is getting some sunshine!!! It's going to be like a little bit of summer in my sock drawer! Amazing!!!!!

Happy Monday everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

BammerKT said...

Welcome to blogworld! Love all the photos!