Wednesday, September 24, 2008

If you're the praying kind...

I have a friend who needs prayers. She's a co-worker of mine as well but a friend for several years whom I adore. She's a young lady who's very sick right now and our prayers for her need to be many. If you're the praying kind, I'm asking for you to pray for Anne.

She's having what the doctor's right now are calling "complex migraines" which basically means they don't know what or why she's having symptoms. The symptoms she has, besides a massive headache like a vice squeezing the top of her head (sometimes it's in other locations) are numbness in her entire right side of the body and very confused state of mind as well as delayed and garbled speech. It's as if she's had a stroke. This has happened several times over the past couple of years, but they are getting more frequent, more severe and are not really clearing up. She's missed several days (weeks actually) of work which is hard on her family as well.

So my requests for prayers are obviously for her health, we need her to get better for herself and her husband and two pretty little girls who need their mama. We also need her back at work!!! Today she had an MRI (finally!) and although we don't know anything yet, we pray that this will help the doctor's come up with a diagnosis that they can treat quickly and completely. She's a young woman and should not have to live like this. No one should for that matter.

If you're the praying kind, I know that Anne and her family would really appreciate any prayers you can send up. I thank you as well. Not only do I need her at work, she's a dear friend and I miss her greatly. This whole situation is breaking my heart.

Hugs and prayers and love to you, Anne! We miss you!!!!!

2 comments:

Lori H said...

I'll definitely keep Anne in my prayers. Hope everything turns out okay with the MRI and find some answers.

NikkiB said...

Thanks! I haven't heard anything more, but I expect an update later today...