Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All in His time...

As yesterday was the first day of school, and my day off, and the last HOT day West Michigan is truly going have for the year (we think) it was kinda nuts around here and silly me never got around to picking up the phone to call band guy.

Fortunately we have this amazing internet to connect us whenever we want. I emailed him late last night (well, after 10pm I'm sure) and apologized and asked him to please email back or call or I'd call or whatever but that I was still interested and please don't hate me and so on. Well, it must have been the right thing to say because today we've exchanged several emails throughout the day (even though I'm not really supposed to use the computer for myself at work but it was quick and who really knew?) and it's set. I'm meeting him tomorrow and we will jam for a while and see if I'm a fit for this group he's starting. Apparently I'm talking to the guitar player, and there's already a drummer, a bass guitar player and a lead guitar player as well, so it's a nice size group. They are all a little older than me with lots of experience so I'm trying not to be intimidated. I know the style of music they are going for, but not all the songs yet, which is fine because I like to learn new songs.

So if this is where God wants me, I know it will work out. And if it doesn't, then it isn't the right place yet. I hope I don't get nervous tomorrow because right now I'm excited, but my back still hurts quite a bit and I know that can affect my singing. Again, I have faith that if this is right for me that God will not let it bother me or at least not let the pain affect the music. Sounds like hooey to some people, maybe to you, but I believe it and that's what matters right now.

As I say, it's all in His time....

No comments: