Sunday, September 7, 2008

Busy weekend!!!

So, first of all... no I haven't heard back from the gentleman from the band, but I'm trying to be patient. Trying. So to keep my mind off the wait, I kept busy with sports, knitting and family. Pretty good trio!!!

It started Friday night with the local high school football game. We have two high schools in our district and they share a stadium. Therefore, there are home games EVERY Friday night!!! It's pretty awesome. For the first one last week, here's the kiddo with the crazy hair....

Crazy hair

Don't worry, it washed out the same night, but I'm SO glad I snapped a pic before the game. He was so easy to find in the crowd, and SO many people commented. I'm sure he'll do it again soon....

So at the game this week I brought along some yarn and started a dishcloth which was more than half done at the end of a 41-7 smackdown!!! This was the team that didn't win more than one game in the past three years, now this season they are already 2-0!!!! Go Chix!!!! On the other hand, the other team which were state champs two years ago, and last year missed the big dance by one game, are so far 0-2. Big difference from last year!!! Hopefully they will both end up with great fun seasons.

The next morning (this would be Saturday) we got up and went to our nephew's soccer game. He's in Kindergarten. It was riveting. No, I'm serious!!! He even scored a goal!!! Yippee!!!! Again, with the dishcloth. Sure helped for all the time he was sitting out. Then I put it away while he was goalie. That kid rocks.

So Saturday afternoon I finished my socks. They are awesome!!!! Here are some pics....

Pink Lemonade socks_01

Pink Lemonade socks_02

Love them. Serious love. Can't wait to wear them all winter!!!

Also finished dishcloth (no pictures, it's just a dishcloth people! Hot pink, use your imagination...) and then started a hat. I'd bought this yarn a few months ago on major sale and there was a pattern on the ball band for a cabled hat. Never done much with cables, so I tried it! Started while watching Notre Dame play SDSU, great football game, and finished today during the Colts/Bears game (which isn't over yet as of the time of this post) (go Peyton!) and here's the hat.

Cabled hat

It's a bit small, but I think I have someone I can gift it to that it will work for. We'll see. Otherwise it will go in the give away bins... it was still fun to knit!!!

So now I have to figure out what to knit for knit night tomorrow, assuming that I'll make it (which I should) and it will most likely be... socks. I have tons of sock yarn sitting there staring at me. But I should do more dishcloths, but I'm bored silly with them right now. So, I'm thinking socks.

With that, have to get ready for beddy bye now.. I'll be back!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Very cute socks! (And a very cute green-haired boy- he must have beautiful relatives! TEE HEE!)