Sunday, March 13, 2011

Utterly Craptastic...

Yup, that's how I'm going to put the last three days. Last Tuesday my throat started feeling scratchy and my voice was a little raw, but like the trooper I am I powered through. Wednesday, more of the same if not a little worse... same for Thursday, a little worse. By Friday morning, I had no voice, felt like I'd been run over by a truck and just wanted to curl into a ball and sleep for three days. I went to work, because that's how I am, and ended up coming home after two hours. Just felt awful. Spent the day in bed, forced myself to get up in the evening and actually eat something even though nothing sounded good and drank as much water as I could.

So Saturday, more of the same. A teeny tiny voice and scratch throat and feeling pooey. Again, forced myself to eat and drink enough to not be completely zonked out and watched movies and slept all day. By the evening I was starting to turn the corner, though, and was hopeful for today.

So Sunday morning.. I actually feel pretty good! I can tell I spent the past two days in bed, I'm tired and stiff, but overall the voice is stronger and the scratchiness is gone. So I get up and head to church where the little man realizes he has a fever and we end up leaving early. Get him home on the couch with some meds and he's doing fine now, but what a craptastic weekend! Since I was feeling better today I did end up doing my workout. Wasn't sure I would make the whole run, since my training plan called for six miles today, but I did it! I was pretty wiped out when I got home, but I was really glad that I had made myself eat so I wasn't completely without fuel. Made a huge difference I think!

Looking forward to a week with no sickness.. from me or my kids! I truly hope that happens because I hate it when I'm sick and of course as a Mom I hate when my kids are sick too!!! My 10k training has me running a total of 14 miles this week... let's hope I can complete that! I'm feeling really good about finishing the race at this point (I've completed the distance or very close twice now) but I'd like to see a certain time and if I hit that I'm going to be incredibly happy and proud!!! Of course, just finishing is the true goal, but now that I know I can, I really want to be under a certain time!!! It's a runner thing... I still can't believe I'm a runner!

On the good note, Thursday when I weighed in before my workout I was down another 1.8 pounds! This keeping track of my calories in and out is really working! Anyone who needs help with their weight or just wants to get more fit should really check out myfitnesspal.com... highly recommend it!

TTFN!

No comments: