Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ok, Can I Just Say....

I had a sort of mini-revelation today. I know, not a big build up, but that's what it feels like. I've been saying that my new health centered lifestyle is because I want to live long (and proper? LOL!) but my mini-revelation today was... I'm worth it! Yes, I'm doing this for my husband and kids and future grandkids... but I'm worth it, RIGHT NOW!!!! I'm doing this so I can be a spunky 80 year old who straps on the running shoes and hits the beach in the morning and evening and runs 5k's all over the freaking world.. and so I can play catch with my grandkids.. and so I can dance at my granddaughter's wedding!!!! Yes, that's all important and are good reasons in themselves, but you know what???? I'm WORTH it NOW!! I want to be healthy and fit and fun and full of energy and damn it.. I want to be HOT!!!! Why the heck not! I'm freaking WORTH it!!!!

Ok.. enough of that for the night. I just had to get it out there... thanks for playing!

Had a great "easy 2 miles" tonight on the treadmill. Amazing that I could do an easy anything a year ago! There's a harder run planned for Thursday and again for Saturday, but I'm ready! Bring it on! I love that I have more energy now, that I've been told I have a sparkle that I never had before. What a compliment that is!!! Who knew I could wake up in the morning and sparkle??? For someone who's not a morning person, that's amazing. Truly amazing!

Got to get another quick bite to eat before my day is done... TTFN!

No comments: