Friday, March 18, 2011

Just a Quickie...

No, not that kind... get your mind out of the gutter!!!!

I'm home from work, we've already had dinner, dropping off the little man at a middle school dance and then hitting the gym tonight! Not bad for a Friday? The best part, hubby's home for the weekend so we all ate dinner at the table together which we rarely get to do, and we did it in our own house instead of a restaurant like we do too often!

Realized something yesterday... I weigh in on Thursday's, mostly because since I have the day off I tend to work out in the morning so I hit the gym and weigh in right away. Their scale works, mine is not accurate at all. Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day and I was going to run 5 miles, so instead of going to the gym I decided to head out and hit the sidewalks! Well, I still wanted to weigh in, so I jogged up to the gym, weighed in, and continued on my way! The hard part was, I weighed exactly the same as last week. Not even a .1 difference! Now, at certain times in my life this would have left me feeling defeated or like a complete and total failure, I'd have packed it up and drowned my sorrows in a bag of Hershey miniatures or something... seriously. But then I remembered that two weeks ago I did the same thing. Then last week I'd lost three pounds! So maybe my body is just like that... lose nothing one week, and a couple pounds the next? It's certainly possible.. and I'm going to do everything I need to do to make sure that's what happens! So instead of swallowing my sorrows... I finished the fastest 5 mile run I've done yet!!! I felt great! I ate within my calories for the day, even skipping the Shamrock Shake I desparately wanted and had lime flavored Greek yogurt with granola instead! I made good decisions, I made healthy decisions... and you know what? I'm doing it again today! I will not let this get me down, I will continue to eat right, watch every bite, workout and wait until next Thursday. Hopefully then I'll see at least one pound lost. If not... I'll do it again another week! Because I am not a number on the scale. I am a healthy and fun woman who is now fitter than she's ever been and loves it! I'm running my first seven miler this weekend. I'm confident that not only will I finish, I'll finish strong!

Then tomorrow night I'm playing laser tag with my family... I will kick some BUTT!!!!!!

No comments: