Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Inspiration or Insanity????

You be the judge!!! So everyone knows I'm training for my first 10k, right? Well, it's going great, I'm following my training plan to a T and feeling really good. Love my new shoes and my new supportive garments and the girls and the feet are happy. So tonight I'm at the gym, I was on schedule to do an "easy" two miles which I rocked out on the treadmill and then lifted weights for a half hour since I'd been sick and hadn't lifted since last week. On my way out I notices a stack of fliers for several different races and one I hadn't noticed before was for a 5k for next week Tuesday here in my town. So I got home and looked it up online and said what the heck! Signed up for it!!! It's after work, and I'm scheduled to do another 2 miles that night anyway, so why not go for a 5k (which is 3.2 miles just in case you didn't know that)!!!! Hope it doesn't throw me off, I don't think it will, but I just needed to feel that rush of a bunch of runners racing together! It's labeled as a run/walk, so it's probably not all that competitive, which is fine with me. I just hope I run as fast or close to as fast as I ran the one last fall. We shall see!!!

Anyway, the weather's looking up! Supposed to be sunny and 60 on Thursday (my day off) and if at all possible I'm doing my 5 miles OUTSIDE!!!! I did my Sunday runs outside the past two weeks and it was great, so I'm really looking forward to that feeling of fresh air and wind in my face again!

So call me inspired, or call me crazy... I'm racing next Tuesday! It's all for a good cause anyway.. it's raising money for an organization called SoleAid which sends shoes to people in need, and that's a great thing!

No comments: