Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Ok, so I don't get to spend the day with my Valentine since he's out trucking, but I did wear my pink sweater to work... so that's something! Another thing I didn't do today was eat chocolate or candy! For that, I'm super proud of myself! Usually I buy myself a whole bag of candy and eat it myself, but this time I decided I'm worth more than that and I haven't even looked at the candy in the store! Wow, what a change!

So I've been using this calorie counting website for a few weeks called myfitnesspal.com and it's such a great site! Not only easy to use, but a great supportive community with people just like me trying to get fit and lose weight and deal with life in general! Yesterday I started on a challenge that I stumbled across on the message boards. I'm really excited to get into this! The biggest challenge will be going 100 miles (walking/running) by Easter! I know this is possible, and I'm hoping to get close to 150, but the main thing this will do is help keep me focused and on track. There are other pieces to the challenge as well, like getting enough water, staying under our calorie goals, making healthy choices both with food and excersize and in life in general... that sort of thing. Sounds like the girls running it are putting a lot of thought into what things we should concentrate on each week and I'm excited to get into it! Of course, being my Monday's are horribly crazy, I won't start my mileage until tomorrow after work. But I did get plenty of water in today at work and have so far stayed under my calorie and sodium goals for the day!!! Wahoo!

I've become really obsessed with running lately. Spending lots of time online looking up races and figuring out how many I should do this year... I think it's going to be a great year! More and more I'm thinking that I'll be running a half marathon by September... I really WANT to, which is so super strange for me. One year ago I told people the only time I run is if someone is chasing me with a big knife!!!! Now I do it all the time! Still wouldn't say I particularly love it, but I know how good it is for me and I'm loving the challenge of it! Can't believe I'm now one of those crazy people who will line up for a race in the rain and smile the whole freaking time!!!! Oh My Goodness!!! Who knew this change was coming for me... I certainly wouldn't have believed it myself even a year ago!

Keeping myself accountable with my food intake and my excersizing is really paying off... maybe I'll be bathing suit shopping before long!!! And I really need a new pair of running shoes... that will be coming first I think!

No comments: