Wednesday, February 16, 2011

2 down... 98 to go!!!

Yes, I'm talking about miles in my 100 mile challenge! Monday's and Wednesday's are non-running days for me right now due to work and other obligations. That's ok, because bodies need rest after good workouts and it just works out for me that those two days are too busy to get moving. So, I ran 2 miles yesterday as scheduled in my training program, and tomorrow I'm supposed to do 3 miles! Shouldn't be a problem... I'm pretty excited actually! I actually like this now that I'm started. Running, that is. I know I've said that before, but it still really amazes me!

Another part of the challenge is strength training at least two times a week. This hasn't been a problem for me as I've been doing it three times a week pretty consistently since joining Snap Fitness in early December. Tomorrow I'm planning on another session after my run, so that would be 2 done for the week already! I'm rocking this challenge!

My next hurdle is really more financial... I need new running shoes! Mine have just about come to the end of their life expectancy and since I just picked them off a shelf nearly a year ago and they've been pretty good I can't complain. The problem is, now that I'm more serious and really training hard, I need the best shoes possible. This means no more clearance racks or 2 for 1 sales... I need to get fitted by a professional. This means cash. I hate complaining about it, because now that my husband has a nice job we're not nearly as broke as we were a year ago... but I hate spending $100 on a pair of shoes! Strange, huh? I spend way more than that on stupid stuff all the time, and this is something I'll use all the time and will really help me run farther and faster and thus lose weight and.. ok, I'm being completely random here... but I need to get myself to a shoe fitter.. pronto! Hoping to do that either tomorrow or next week... we'll see what the schedule does!

After the new shoes, I truly believe that the sky is the limit for me. I think that this may be the first time I truly believe that. Amazing what just a little success will do for you. Hope you can still live with me when I complete all these races this year! I may start getting a bigger head to go with my smaller body!!!!

No comments: