Friday, February 4, 2011

Fabulous Friday...

I love having my husband home. Really I do! But that usually doesn't stop me from doing what I need to do, he's the best! Today was sort of fun actually, even though I didn't do anything spectacular at all!

I got to go baby shopping. NO, not for me... for my co-worker who we are having a shower for next week!!! She's having her first little girl and I can't wait to meet her! I kind of feel like an Auntie, but I know she's going to have lots of Aunties and be about the most spoiled little girl ever... but it was so fun to shop for her! Two of my other co-workers and I went in together, mostly because I was already heading over to the store where she was registered and it's quite a hike to get there and they weren't going to have time. Which made it more fun!! I love shopping with other people's money!!! So I pretty much stuck to what she registered for, but I threw in one more thing.. can't wait to see the baby holding the little giraffe rattle!!! It's SO cute...

So then I had some lunch.. I love Panera! It makes things so easy to stop there and it's delicious and there are tons of healthy choices which is great. Then I came home and we cleaned up a bit. Not the best part of the day... And then we all, the four of us, went for dinner! I love having the four of us together, even if the boys have their iPods on they still participate in the conversation, and to this mom it feels wonderful to talk to my teenagers!!! We headed over to the Meijer across the street for a couple of cleaning supplies and I ended up getting one of those Libman mops with washable pads that squirts whatever cleaner you like onto the floor for you. I don't like a lot of cleaners, but I do like me some Pine Sol.. so that's what I got. The kitchen floor hasn't looked or smelled this good in a long time! And it's easy and fun and I think my younger son might actually like using it!!! We'll see how long that lasts, but I'm going to try and keep the floor cleaner. Something about it makes the whole house look and smell better!!!

Ok, so then I went to the gym. I ran yesterday and will do my long training run tomorrow, so tonight had to be something different and involved cross-training instead of running. The plan says something like weight lifting (which I also did yesterday) or elliptical or bike.. something like that. So I found an app for my phone that has all kinds of different workouts and I've been wanting to try this 31 minute ab workout (I know, it's wierd for me to want to work out at all!) so tonight I did that plus 30 minutes on the Arc trainer at the gym. I think I'm gonna feel that tomorrow!!!

So that's it. Sad that I think this was a good day, but to me it was. I didn't have any stress, got a little cleaning done, exercised and stayed under my calorie goal again for the second day in a row!!! AWESOME!!! It's a long journey to change your life from a couch potato to a healthy hot mama... but I'm in it for the long haul this time. No quick fixes, no shortcuts, just hard work! I really like the website I found for tracking my calories.. myfitnesspal.com. If you go on it and decide to sign up (it's free) you can add me as a friend and we can take the journey together!!!!

TTFN!!!

No comments: