Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Busy Busy... or notsomuch...

What a nice weekend I had! I was able to sleep and relax and hang with my guys.. even had a dinner date with my husband which hardly ever happens!!! We had a gift certificate... even better! Gotta love saving money.. I always do!

Back to a typical week for me, extremely busy and hectic and yuck. Today, though, we were pretty slow at work (one of our Dr.'s is on a mission trip to Honduras) so I snuck out early and hit the gym!! I had a meeting for my son's school tonight so hitting the gym early was so helpful to me! That way I was done with that and showered before the meeting and then could come home and have supper and not worry about getting in my run! Wish I could leave early every day.. .sure would make my life easier! Well, so would winning the lottery so I could stay home, but that's not likely to happen, now is it???? You never know...

My training for the 10k is going well. So far I've done one week, which has consisted of three 2 mile "easy" runs. These are a much slower pace than I would normally run, especially on race day. They are designed to increase endurance and strength (I'm hoping they will burn some fat too!!). I'm following the program as close as I can, so tonight I did my run and since I won't have time to hit the gym tomorrow I also did my weight lifting. Tomorrow will be a rest day, and I'll hit it again on Thursday! By the weekend I'll have my first 3 mile "easy" run, and by the following weekend.... 4 miles! I haven't yet run a full 4 miles without stopping. I'm a little nervous about this, but I'm hopeful and going to just put something on tv so I don't pay attention to it at all... yeah right, I'll be watching the odometer the whole time, who am I kidding!!! But like I said... following the program!!!

Watching Biggest Loser tonight while the kids finish homework and talk to their friends on video chat! Lots of laughing going on in the other room. Hope that homework's really getting done!!! Better go crack the whip.... Later!

No comments: