Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Well..

It's been a week! Where the heck did the time go????

So, yes it was a busy week. Mainly I was getting ready to do my very first craft show! My sister, Mom and I got a table at my church's annual craft show for our handknits and jewelry (Mom's the jewelry maker and she's awesome!). My son also got in the action and made up several bracelets that were really cute. Sis made Christmas ornaments that were adorable, and I made several (dozen) washcloth/dishcloths along with scarves and a few other odds and ends.

Here's a few pics of our table...

Craft Show

the ornaments are on the tree....

Craft Show_00

This was so cute!! I think everyone should have one this year, don't you???

And here's my stash...

Craft Show_01

Ok, the two things at the front were NOT mine... just sayin'.

So, we had lots of people come and look and not very many sales. Unfortunately. I really would like to do it again, but next time I'll have to knit up different things because there were several other sellers with the cloths and lots of other jewelers (although Mom did ok). Sis sold a couple ornaments, but nothing close to what we were hoping. So we'll think about it. That's all I can say for our first experience. But it was fun.

Now I'm just thinking of a few gift ideas, so I won't say them here, and my friend just asked me to make her a clutch for a wedding she has next month. I've started that today, but I'm not sure if the yarn is right, although I think it's going to be fine. We'll see!

Oh, and I had another friend (these are both co-workers whom I adore!!) who had a baby yesterday!!! Remember the baby hat and booties I made awhile ago? Yes, their new owner was born yesterday. I will go meet Carly Ann (not sure how she spelled it..)this weekend, let Mama get back on her feet as I'm working all week and stuff anyway!!!! Hopefully I'll get a pic of her wearing them and be able to post it next week. Won't that be awesome!!!!

Off to make sure that my kids are getting in the shower, it's that day of the week!!!! (yes, we have to schedule things like this...)

No comments: