Tuesday, October 14, 2008

No more babies yet, but projects are done!

I'm anxiously awaiting a few more babies, from my friends that is, this woman is NOT having any more! Thank you very much!!!! But until I have cuteness galore to show off, I thought I'd share what I've been knitting.

Here's a pair of socks I finished this weekend....

Basic Socks_00

My sister actually GAVE me this awesome yarn called Blue Bunny Superwash Merino that was awesome to knit with and feels so warm and suggly on the feet... I must get more! Thanks, Sis, for feeding my evergrowing addiction!!!! I wasn't sure at first if I liked the way the colors were pooling, but I think it's kind of neat. I couldn't for the life of me figure a way to make them match, but I think that's the charm of handknits anyway.. don't you? I'm starting another pair now. I have four different sock yarns waiting for me to make them into socks and I would love to start another sweater soon... or by the first part of next year!! So I'm a knitting fool!!!!!

I also finished that purse for my friend. She's happy with it! I gave it to her just this morning. Ended up with a great magnetic clasp that I hid inside the lining for a neat clean look. I loved not having to make a buttohole in this fabric!!!! Hard to see the cables, isn't it?

Tara_01

Anyway... I learned a little something from this project. One, I actually like doing cables, although all-over cables can be a little grueling. And two, I'm NEVER knitting a black sweater. Ever. Never ever. A little black knitting goes a loooonnggg way lemme tell ya!!! But I am glad I made my friend happy. She's a great person and a wonderful friend to everyone. And she's going to look lovely at the wedding next month!!!!

Well, I'm working a lot this week, so if I don't blog again for a couple days, it's cuz I'm trying to pry my eyes open or my ass off the couch... whatever! One way or the other I will make it through and try to smile on the outside even if I want to cry on the inside!!! Seriously, it's going to be a looong week. See ya on the flip side!

1 comment:

BammerKT said...

The pooling kind of reminds me of loking at one of those 3Dish things where they change when you change the angle yhou look at. Can't remember what they call those thingies.

Anyway, love them! And the cabled bag too!