Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Baby Fix Begins...

I have several friends who are having babies this fall. The first one had her's on Monday!!! She was a little early, but I'm thrilled as I had already knit her a hat and booties this August (I posted them a long time ago) and now I was able to give them to her.

This is Carly. I work with her Mom and have been friends with her for a long time.

Baby Carly

And here's us with her big brother Blake!

Baby Carly_01

He's such a lucky big brother! He just turned four on Tuesday, which makes their birthday's one day apart.. just like my kids!!! Such a lovely family.

Here's Carly in her new hat that I made, it's a little big...

Baby Carly_02

I'm so happy for them. She is an answer to many, many prayers and will be cherised by Mom and Dad forever.

Other than that, I've been working on a clutch purse for a friend and took a pic of my progress. I don't think you can see the cables real well, but here's what I have....


Tara



So now I need to shop for a closure, I'm thinking of a neat snap thing. Then I need about one more cable repeat, block and add gussets to the sides and seam them up. I'd say I'm about 75% done and the wedding she needs it for isn't until November... so I'm good!!!

Thinking seriously about joining the Zeeland Civic Chorus this winter for the 68th (I think) performance of Handel's Messiah. I've done it before but it's been years and I'm missing that sort of thing right now. Rehearsals start tomorrow, so I really need to make up my mind. I'll let you know what I decide!!!!

No comments: