Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's Thursday.

Nothing special about Thursday. Except that today the sun came out again. Yesterday it was rainy and grey and sad all day, and today the sun came out. Sunshine makes me happy. I know that's a really goofy thing to say, but it's so true. I've always been very affected by the weather, seasonal affect disorder or somethingorother it's called... who knows. I'm just happier when the sun shines. It was a lovely Thursday.

So tomorrow, provided the weather cooperates, we will once again take the kids to the high school football game. We've gone the past five weeks and I think we'll try to make as many as we can before the weather really gets bad. Last week it was VERY chilly, but that was alright. I'm hoping for a warmer evening tomorrow, and no rain, if it rains I'm not going.

I guess I'm totally avoiding the whole mess in Washington and on Wall Street. I mean, it's killing me to think that all that greed and mishandling of everything could really ruin my future and that of my kids and my parents and stuff. But I try to avoid thinking about it as much as I can. I think if I think about it too much I'll get all depressed and I just can't let that happen. It may start other things that I really don't want to happen like drinking binges, eating binges, and just generally unhealthy behavior from this thirty something wife and mother. That is just not a pretty sight!!! In the meantime I'm going to pretend that everything is fine and we are going to have new wonderful leadership very soon and the whole thing will just go away and everyone can just come and join me in the loony bin.. there's room for more at this crazy party!!!!

In the meantime I'm spending lots of time on Facebook and Ravelry talking to people who get the kinds of things that I get... yarn is good. You can never have too many handknits to wear, and friends come in ALL shapes/sizes/ages/colors/degrees of fuzzyness... you get the idea. Oh, and I'm dying to make another sweater... just as soon as I can afford the yarn again....

----------------------------
I almost forgot... my horoscope (I never read these things anymore, but it totally caught my eye.) said that I should change the plan that's not working, or something like that. I was just thinking about the fact that the music thing isn't coming out like I thought (I haven't heard more, but I'm not getting a good feeling) and I've been getting the itch to audition for a play at the Civic theatre. Is that totally crazy? I mean it would mean more time for myself, less for the family, but I really want to try! Does that make me selfish? Or just creative? I'm so confused.... But I agree, if it's not working, shouldn't the plans get changed instead of just trying to make the broken plan go the way you think it should go? Ok, I'm babbling again....

No comments: