Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nothing like diving in...

So, I know I said it was going to be a crazy week, and it has been so far! But I said a few days ago that I was thinking of changing directions and moving on, for now, from the rock star dream and going back to my roots as a choir geek (no lie, that's what hubby calls me). So, nothing like diving in without really thinking about it. I joined the Zeeland Civic Chorus!!! This group has been performing Handel's Messiah for forever, maybe 60+ years in a row and it's been at least 15 years since I've done it personally. We had the first rehearsal on Sunday and I'm STILL a little sore! Wow, am I out of shape vocally or what!!! I mean, I sing ALL the time, even on stage several times a month, but only easy radio stuff mainly and only 5-6 songs per time and that vocal marathon that is the Messiah is SO not the same thing AT ALL!!!! So I'm just praying that it will come back especially since I don't have a lot of time to practice between now and next rehearsal which is Sunday. I'm kind of freaking out!!! Seriously!

On top of that, I have the longest week of work going on, which is going fine but I'm getting really tired! Along with all the usual Mom stuff, homework, running errands, etc... my laundry needs to be done in the WORST way and I'm not in the mood (are you ever in the mood for laundry? I'm not!). Ok, I'll stop complaining!

On a fun note, I've found SO many people on Facebook lately! It's been kind of an obsession that I must check it as often as I can and I have been invited through it to see a great friend of mine (who happens to be an awesome musician as many of my friends are) play/sing at a dueling piano bar next month! I can't wait, just need to find a sitter so hubby can come too!!! Wouldn't want to leave kiddo's home to fend for themselves for THAT many hours (it's in Lansing, little more than an hour away). Plus, I may crash at another friends, depending on how the night goes!!! Other friends are coming from other parts of the state and I'm so excited to see them all!!!! Nothing like a good reunion with awesome people to get you revved up, and I'm ready to dive in again!!!!

Ok, gotta go, it's getting be bed time again, I'm whipped!!!

No comments: