Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who Am I And Where's the Chubby Chick????

Ok, just had to share this crazy thing from tonight.

First, I had a crazy busy day again... work all day, two mile run, home and showered, choir practice... yup, I think that was about it. So I had a couple hundred calories left to eat when I saw the stash of Girl Scout cookies that are still in the same place I left them (I stashed them so we didn't all eat them right away.. still have 2.5 boxes left out of 4, so pretty good so far). I thought to myself "well, you could eat a couple cookies tonight. The boys would like that." See, our deal is, I can hide them, but only if we all eat them when I eat them so I don't eat them all. Again.. so far, so good!

But then I thought to myself, "no, that's not really what I want... I think I'll make popcorn." And then laughed at myself! See, a few months ago, I would have grabbed the box of cookies and eaten the whole thing by myself. No sharing, no counting, just devouring the delicious cookies! But now that I am counting, and keeping track, and measuring... it actually matters what I put in my mouth! Crazy, I know! So even though I ran two miles tonight, and went to choir rehearsal, and ate a Lean Cuisine dinner and still had 250 calories to eat... I didn't eat cookies.

It's the little victories... seriously, I laughed at myself! Who am I??? And since when am I NOT the chubby chick??? I like this new person... she's pretty cool!

No comments: