Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!!!!

Yes, that's right.. I had a birthday! It was a great weekend celebrating, and here's a little recap...

Thursday I had an hour massage which was wonderful and relaxing until a few hours later when I was so sore and stiff I could barely stand up and walk!!! Note to self.. next time ask for her not to dig so deep into my muscles that I can still feel like I'm bruised two days later... just sayin...

Friday was my actual birthday. I brought in a treat for work (yes we do that and no I don't have to pay for it) which was angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream... one of my favorite things!!! After work we went to Wendy's for a quick supper and over to the in-laws to see them for the first time since Christmas since they just got back from Florida and we missed them and Great-Grandma! Very nice day.

Saturday after a short shift at work, two of my best friends came up to see me and took me out for the evening. We went to Grand Haven where there was a city-wide blues festival going on! The weather was yucky, cold and rainy, but we had an absolute blast!!! Started at happy hour at the Kirby Grille, headed over to the new brewery for a pint, then to Portobello's for dinner (YUM). After that we walked over to The Grand and listened to some really good blues and had a few more cocktails... I lost count, but I'm thinking it was around 8-9 for myself... everyone else was controlling themselves, but hey, it's my birthday!!!! I had a blast, even got a lei from some other dude who was having a birthday!!!! I laughed so hard I felt like I had done a hundred sit-ups!! The best part was just hanging out and letting loose... I need to do that more often! Well, not the drinking, but the fun!

Sunday was kind of a waste, I think you can guess why!! Except Mom came to visit and since we don't see each other much that was super nice! Went back to work today in the snow... not something I enjoy any time of year, but especially the week after my birthday! It's alright, it's all gone now, but the thought of snow in April is truly depressing... not to mention turning 39!!!!!

So now I have another busy week ahead... the kids are behind on homework and I'm behind on housework... nothing new there!!!! Hopefully we'll all have clean underwear for the week and I'll get some workouts in... I totally spaced on the running this weekend which might come back to get me in the end, but there was no way I could do that with how I felt yesterday!!! Ouch!

Hope you all have a great week... and if you have a chance to celebrate with friends, always say yes!!!!! Always!!!! TTFN!

No comments: