Sunday, April 3, 2011

100th Post!

I didn't realize it was my 100th post until I logged in! But hey, good title I suppose.

I didn't blog yesterday because I was a little depressed. It was my Dad's birthday. He would have been 66 years old. He's been gone a long time and I still miss him so much! It's so not fair that he's missing out on so much great stuff! Being a Grandpa for one thing... he's got four grandchildren that never got to meet him, and two son-in-law's that would love to have known him as well. Every year when his birthday and anniversary of his death roll around I get a little down and wallow in a little self pity because I wish I still had my Dad. So yesterday my sister said "Let's go to Ikea, and of course we'll stop at Twelve Oaks so we can pick up some stuff at Lush on the way back"... and I was like YES!!! Let's go... so we went! We literally left my house at 2pm and got back at 11!!!! Talk about a whirlwind day trip, it's a two and a half hour drive for sure. Anyway, we brought my niece and basically had a great day of girlie retail therapy! Even though I still thought about him a lot, it wasn't as hard having them with me. I love my sister. And my niece. I still miss my Dad.

Ok, moving on... my younger son has been asking my husband to go driving with him in his big truck (he drives truck for a living) and hasn't been able to until now. So hubby got permission and a short two-day run and took him with! He's having fun, but I think he's a little bored and ready to come home. I know it's important to spend a little time with his Daddy and get an idea how hard he works when he's away from us all week. I'm really glad he went! He'll be back tomorrow... hubby will be going back out for the rest of the week... life goes back to normal!

I liked my shorter training week this week.. it was almost relaxing only running three or four miles!!!! Next week kicks it back in high gear as it's only a month before my race!!! AAAHHHH!!!! I know I'll finish, but I'm really hoping I can do well and not embarrass myself. Today was not a running day so I went to the gym to lift and spent 30 minutes on the elliptical.. that thing about kills me! I needed to work out though, because I went out for lunch with the teenager and pretty much ate all my calories for the day! If I wanted dinner, I needed to earn it!!! So I did.. and I ate!

Hope this week of Spring Break goes well.. hubs will be on the road, I'll be at work and the kids will be pretty much on their own!!! Scary, but they are good kids.. and I think I can trust them.. for the most part! I'm sure I'll be checking in with them several times a day. Thanks to cell phones we can stay in touch pretty well!

100 posts... crazy!

No comments: