Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring Break Week....

Well, for me it was a pretty normal week, but the kids had spring break! With hubby being on the road and me working, it was no vacation for me at all, but that's ok. Little man went with Daddy in the big truck on Saturday until Monday. He's been wanting to do that for a while and the company was nice enough to give him just a quick two day run so he could have a guest. It was long enough to give the kid an idea of what Daddy does all the time, but short enough so they didn't drive each other crazy! Plus, then he got to spend the week playing with his friends and didn't miss all the fun parts of vacation!

This week for me was basically a boring, normal week. I didn't do anything special, worked out when I was supposed to, watched some movies when I had the time, worked my normal hours, called the kids a couple times a day to make sure they weren't getting into trouble! No biggie!

Thursday night we had band practice at church and I was excited to find out that my friend who is freshly back from a six month mission trip was going to join us!!! I haven't seen her or sang with her in six months so we had a BLAST! Can't wait to do it for real tomorrow morning... she's such a fun person and very talented and I really missed her smiling face! This was a highlight of my week!

Last night I was bored so I drove over to my sister's to check out her new hardwood floors... and they are gorgeous! Kinda jealous, but I know how long she saved for those, and she did a great job! Since I'm saving for braces for my kid, there will be no hardwood for me in any near future!!!!

This morning I hit another milestone in my training... I did an eight mile run! Yup, eight whole miles! Finished it strong, but still had to stop for the bathroom around mile six.... wonder if I'll ever stop having to do that????? It's annoying.. and this time I was actually in pain before I stopped. If I would have been racing I honestly don't know what I would have done, so I hope I can figure out a strategy to make it through the distance before the big day!

Tomorrow I have to sing in band, like I said. Then I'll probably work out and after that I have been asked to sing at an evening service for another church. I hope I make them happy!!! They want traditional hymns, so nothing too difficult, but should be pretty! They also have an accompanist for me, so I hope that goes well since we'll be kind of winging it on the fly!

I have a couple friends who have Dad's who are really sick right now and it's kind of got me down. I know they can pull through, and we're really hopeful for them both, but I don't want my friends to join the club I'm in with losing their fathers. It's not a club you'd want to join... I sure didn't. So if I sound a little down, that might be why... plus, I'm tired after such a long run today! Only a few more weeks until my big race!!!! I know I'll be ready....

No comments: