Saturday, December 13, 2008

Why does this always happen....

We had to get a new computer this week. We had talked about it for at least six months. Our Gateway was from 2001 and was dying a slow and painful death, but somehow we were managing to keep it going. At least we were trying. You see, since we just had to pay about $2200 for hubby's car to get fixed (no car payment, it's a good thing) we just didn't see the finances holding out for a new computer and were hoping against hope that we could at least wait until February so the tax return would give us a little extra and then we would get a new computer.

So last Thursday I came home to find the computer off, which is unusual, and it would NOT reboot. Total system failure. It puked. It totally and utterly died. Hubby brought it to the computer fix it place on Friday and was told that it would be at least $600 to fix our seven year old computer. The guy actually told him it wasn't worth it, just replace it. I'm not surprised. I'm not happy, but not surprised. So he called me (I was at work) at told me the news and ran around to several different stores before he settled on a new system for us. It's really nice, I'm still learning how the heck to use Vista, but it's not bad. It's actually really really nice. We ended up with a new HP, we really didn't want another Gateway. So hopefully nothing major will come up in the next couple months, because if it does we can't fix it until our taxes come back. Let's just pray we'll be ok!!!!

Now I need to wrap all my Christmas presents, cuz I'm not buying anything else!!!!

No comments: