Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Holy Snow Batman!!!!

So, ok, since the last time I've posted, we've had about three feet of snow fall in West Michigan. No, that's not a typo, three FEET!!! Maybe more, I can't really tell. All I know is the snowbanks on the side of the road are so huge I can't see around them when I'm driving and it's making people very crazy. I've luckily been safe on the roads so far, but in the past five days we've had school closings, work closings, church closings, and mall closings. Just to name a few. This is serious winter stuff folks. And the funny thing is, the first day of winter was two days ago. I'm already sick of it. It's not even Christmas yet!!!

I wanted to share kind of a funny story as related by my hubby tonight. I got home from work and he wasn't home, the kids had said he was at the store. No biggie, I thought. So when he gets home, he's crazy mad. I don't know what he's mad about, but he's in the crankiest mood he's been in for like ever. I've known this man for 20 years, this was at the top of his rage. Yikes. Poor kids, they didn't even realize it was coming.

So, Dad is mad and he is throwing things around and I'm wondering what the heck this is all about. Then he says, "some idiot hit the Jeep." Ahhh, little light bulbs going off in my head since we've had to put so much money into that thing in the past month and I just can't fathom another stupid repair bill. So he calms down. I ask him how bad the damage is and he starts giggling. Ok, so he's raging one minute, now he's almost laughing and I'm praying for his sanity and mine. "My Jeep is fine, but she isn't going anywhere... except maybe to jail!" Ok, so now I need to hear this story, right!!!!

He was leaving Meijer (which is a nightmare on a good day but the day before Christmas Eve was like every freak of nature and their brother was there getting crap they probably don't need at the last possible second) and was already crabby about the shopping experience from hell (there's more to tell there too it turns out) when the traffic in front of him slowed to a stop. So he stopped. So the lady in a newer VW behind him decided to become intimately acquainted with his trailer hitch. It wasn't a good meeting. She pulled off the road. He followed suit. Several people were pulling off that had witnessed and were already calling 911. The lady gets out of her car yelling all sort of obscenities and demanding that hubby show his insurance information and that the accident was HIS fault! Yea, right.

So the cops show up and listen to several stories from hubby, the crazy lady, and witnesses. He then proceeds to right her a ticket (with her continuing to hurl naughty words left and right and is now screaming AT the cops which is why she's likely going to jail) and send hubby home while the tow truck comes and hauls off her pretty and now useless vehicle. The day before Christmas Eve. Now if that's not holiday spirit for ya!!!! Holy cow. Get a life lady, if the person in front of you stops, especially in weather like this.... STOP!!! Don't ram into them and then scream that it wasn't your fault because guess what??? It is YOUR fault!!!! I almost wish I was with him for this so I could have witnessed it myself. Almost.

Oh, and Merry Christmas early everyone. I only have to work half a day tomorrow and then I'm off til Monday. I'm so happy I could cry. Or sleep. Sleep is good. But I'm knitting now. Need to finish knitting..... Can't wait to show off all the things I knitted!!!!

1 comment:

Lori H said...

Glad your car is okay. Wow -- the nerve of some people! Hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!