Tuesday, January 29, 2013

In the Land Of Oz...

I have no idea why I titled this post that way. Just suffice to say that things are well here in the land of Oz! Nothing to report. I'm still plugging away and working hard and trying my hardest to be the fittest and healthiest possible! I had a reunion this weekend with the most awesome bunch of sisters and friends, all from my WMU days. We have been doing this for a few years since one of our sisters died of cancer. It's sad and we all miss her, but we realized that we needed to make more time for each other again and have made getting together a couple times a year a big priority! It's always SO great to see everyone, and this time was NO exception! The only thing that got me worried this year was the food. There's always a TON and it's not always healthy. To avoid beating myself up this year, I brought lots of veggies and a fat free dip (greek yogurt and ranch dressing mix and it was yummy!) and I even brought a bowl of my chili so I wouldn't be too tempted to stuff my face of things it doesn't need! I left feeling full, satisfied, happy and not upset that I over ate or anything! On a completely unrelated note... I just cracked my cheap blender. I'm totally annoyed. It lasted two weeks. Note to self: Never buy a cheap plastic blender at Aldi again. Thank you. So I'll be shopping for one this weekend... in the meantime I need to dig out my old (very old) one that works but is a pain to clean up. Oh well... at least I have a back up! Stay awesome!

No comments: