Sunday, June 5, 2011

Well, I Did It!!!!

I ran a 5k yesterday to benefit Wings of Mercy. It was a really nice, flat course and a beautiful summer morning!!! My goal was to beat my last 5k time, which was 36:37 back in October. I knew I could do it, but wasn't exactly sure if I could be under 30 minutes. Well, I pushed really hard and I did it!!! I came in at 29:35 and I was so proud of myself! Came in 12th of 23 in my age group and realized that if I can knock off another 5 minutes I may just be at the top of my group at my next race!!!! Not sure if that will happen this summer, but what an incentive!!!!

Because I'd only ran the 5k yesterday, instead of a long run like I usually do, I kind of felt like I needed to run today. Usually on Sunday's I go to the gym and lift weights for a while, so today I ran up there (1.5 miles) and lifted and ran home. It was great! Just enough running to feel like I did it but not so much that I was over tired or stressed, and plenty of time to lift as well!!! I'm turning into a fitness person, and I wouldn't have guessed that was ever possible.

Time for laundry and dinner! I love weekends... but they are NEVER long enough!!!!

Oh, side note, my baby starts driver's ed tomorrow. I think I may feel older than ever before. He's totally excited, and I'm just his old lady now!!!!! Life is moving too fast....

No comments: