Friday, June 24, 2011

Heaven Help Us....

My son got his learner's permit yesterday. That means he can drive. With a parent (or designated adult over 21) and closely supervised, but he is on the road. With other cars. In traffic sometimes. On the highways. Yup, I'm nervous. Who wouldn't be??? But you know what? He's pretty good. For a beginner. And he's still just that, a beginner. So say a prayer and watch out for my little white minivan... he's probably behind the wheel!!! Heaven help us!!!!

On another note, heaven got another angel this week. A dear lady I have known for many, many years passed away. She was the nicest lady in our little neighborhood and ALWAYS had a smile for all of us. Her three kids are dear friends and we grew up doing all sorts of crazy things together... I won't get into all that here, but suffice to say I still love these three so much! Two of them stood up in my wedding!!!! Anyway, their Mom is now an angel watching us from heaven instead of the front door.. or the window... or the kitchen counter. I can honestly say she is the kind of Mom I hope to be. She was one of a kind, and we will all truly miss her. The only shining light on losing her now, is that she was really sick. She had dimentia and ALS. The last 2 years were hard for the entire family, and she is now at rest. This is good, but it doesn't mean the loss is less difficult. So we will celebrate her life, grieve with her family and friends, and thank God for the time we had with Sandy. Take care of her, Father... and use this new angel wisely!!!!

I hit a new weight loss goal today, I'm not sharing my actual numbers here just yet, but know that I'm smaller than my wedding weight. Actually, I'm smaller than I've been in so long I can't remember the last time I was this weight! Kind of amazing, but also a little sad. I'm shooting to continue at this point and see where my body settles in. I think I have another 10 pounds to lose, but we'll see. When I'm done, I'll try to post a before and after. I don't have a good before, but there's one that I think might work... I'll need to do some cropping, but it might give you an idea of where I've come from!!!!

I'm on vacation for the next nine days, so if something comes to me that I want to share, I'll have more freedom to write. Hoping to pick up my guitar again this week.. and get a pedicure... and clean my house... and hit the pool or waterpark... yes, I have big goals! God bless you, and Sandy... say hi to my Dad if you see him up there!!!!

No comments: