Sunday, November 2, 2008

Why do I always do this...

I overscheduled my weekend.. AGAIN! It seems like the minute I get a free afternoon, or whatever, that I'm scheduling something else I can "fit" in .. as IF I need one more thing to do!!!

Well, that was my week. And weekend. Now it's almost over and I'm wiped out! I got my hair done on Wednesday, which was lovely (it's darker and a little shorter but no pictures yet, sorry). Then Thursday I had praise team practice, again, no biggie. Then Friday was Halloween and I was so tired after work that I ended up napping during Trick or Treat time (which was lovely for me) and hubby handed out candy while the kids went around with friends. Then of course I couldn't sleep Friday night! Worked Saturday morning, then went to nephew's birthday party (which was fun!). Gotta love 7-year-old's that are smarter than you... seriously!!! Then shopped for a new tv cuz ours was dying (that happens to tv's after 20 years as it turns out!).

Ok, so that's not so bad, until today. Sunday is usually pretty stress-free for me. Even when I sing in church like today, it's usually very rewarding and uplifting and all that. And it was all that today as well! The stress started with me forgetting to set my clocks back last night (because I was too tired to think) and getting up an hour early. I was all ready to leave when hubby reminded me of the "real" time. A little annoyed at myself I ended up just getting a bite of breakfast and getting to church early. I sat in our green room and knit for half an hour before rehearsal started which was just fine and dandy. After church I grabbed a bite of lunch by myself before choir rehearsal. Then had to run back to church for another rehearsal and service for a special prayer evening we had for members of our church who are hurting, sick, in desparate need of uplifting before the Lord. It was a lovely service and all in all a lovely day. But now I have a headache that won't go away and I'm so wiped out I barely remembered that I should at least check my email before bed!!! And now that I have.. I'm off to bed.

Hopefully writing this out will remind me that I need to stop doing this to myself... hopefully!!!

No comments: