Friday, November 21, 2008

It's been awhile...

Wow! Where have the past couple of weeks gone??? They've been crazy, but that is nothing new, is it? Not much is new, but I'll do a quick update....

We had to replace the engine in hubby's Jeep. Yes, the engine. At $1600 I'm just praying it lasts us another 10 years, because the Jeep is paid for and we can't afford another car payment anytime soon. So as painful as that check was to write, I think it was the wise choice.

We went to Lansing last weekend for a night out that won't soon be topped. Met up with a dozen friends for a great night of fun and music and dancing and laughter and reminiscing and .. you get the idea... I have pics up on my Facebook, but they are a little embarrasing so I'm not going to cross-post them here. It was great to feel free and young again, even for a night.

While in Lansing I picked up yarn for a shawl for hubby's Grandma for Christmas which I was 2/3 done with yesterday and just wasn't happy so off to the frog pond it went! I started over last night and so far so good. The shape was just off and I like this second version much better. Hope she likes it and manages to stay warm again. Also picked up a sweater's worth (I hope) of yarn for me!! It's a pretty heather blue/grey color that I think is just perfect for a Mr. Greenjeans cardi that I've been thinking about. Probably will start after Christmas!

I've been working alot, but this week... I'm ON VACATION!!! Yes, I'm not working and no, we're not going anywhere. Our kids are off from school and while we have conferences and choir practices and son #1 is at a retreat weekend until Sunday and all that, we decided to keep it simple and hang around and maybe get a couple things done around the house. Sounds great to me!!!

My friend who is sick still doesn't have any answers. They are still waiting for some test results, but one possible thing they are looking for is Myasthenia Gravis. It's scary, but can be treated. We're hoping that's it. MS is still a possibility, but probably not likely at this point. I'm still asking for prayers if you're willing to join me.

Other than that, we are just plugging away! The snow has been falling all week and I'm not ready for it. I know I've lived in Michigan my whole life and I should be ready whenever for whatever, but I'm not. It is pretty though. The view at work this morning was spectacular. Let's go play!!!

No comments: