Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Better Week...

Yes, it's been a better week. Hubby was gone all weekend, so no big Mother's Day spoiling for me, but the boys and I spent the afternoon with my sis and her family and our Mom. That was really nice! The weather has been beautiful and my new clothes are making me feel skinny and I love it!

Tomorrow is going to be shoe shopping day. I need new summer sandals that I can really walk in this year. Last year I spent a lot of time in my flip-flops and my feet and legs did NOT like me. I plan on walking a ton again this summer, so it's off to the really good shoe store and spend some cash on a great pair of sandals that I can walk hundreds of miles in! One of my favorite things to do in the summer is walk, especially because I live so close to a couple of nice beaches and boardwalks. I also like wearing shorts or capri pants, so sandals are much cuter than socks and tennies (in my opinion) so I want to feel good about what's on my feet! So my plan is to find those tomorrow along with a new pair of work shoes in brown because I got a new pair of pants that look really bad with black shoes. Just sayin!!!!

Also tomorrow I think I'm going to take the boys to Holland to watch the Tulip Time parade. We'll probably also get some junk food while we're down there.. at least they will, we'll see if I can resist the temptations!!!! I wonder how long I'll have to run to work off an elephant ear???? Maybe I should look that up!

So I signed up for my next race. Another 5k in Muskegon on June 4! The best part about this one... my sister is going to do it with me!!!! Oh yes! I'm so excited, this will be her first!!!! What an honor and inspiration she is! So happy she decided to start running, I really know how hard it is, but I think it will be a great thing for her health, and that's super important to me!!!!

So overall... a much better week!

No comments: