Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring time!!!

So the sun is out today, which is a switch from most of this week. Seriously thought I was going to have to build an ark the way it kept raining!!! So even though it's not warm enough to get out the boat and swim in the lake, I'll take the sunshine!!!!

I've been thinking about this economy situation we're in lately, and wondering how I should be handling it and if I'm doing things correctly. I've never been good at handling money or at understanding financial things. I'm smart, but apparently I wasn't meant to be in charge of finances or whatever. We're doing ok, we're both working full time and for the most part our finances look like they have all along (don't look at the 401K and all is ok) so is it bad to want to spend money??? I mean, not all of it of course... just the usual stuff like dinner out occasionally and maybe a summer vacation??? Part of me feels guilty, but the other part just feels like if I can afford it, without going totally broke, is it my responsibility to stimulate what little I can in this economy??? I guess I feel like I can't take it with me, so let's enjoy life with the kids while they're still kids!!!!

Rant over, I just felt like saying that. Suppose it's time to get off the chair and do something productive today, like enjoy the sunshine, or take a walk with hubby. I'm going to make lemonade out of this lemon economy one way or the other!!!!

No comments: